Choosing the ideal desk for home or office use needs a bit of careful planning just as you would when buying your computers, monitors, printers and what-nots. Some important factors you need to consider are the following:
- The size of the room you need the desk for – choose a desk with dimensions that would not cramp or dominate the room. The ideal desk should not eat too much space yet can provide you a lot of workspace and room for your computer, monitor and mouse among other things.
- Durability – an ideal desk should last for many years. Check the quality of the materials used, the quality and craftsmanship.
- Flexibility – another great feature you need to look for in choosing a desk is multi-functionality. Whether you need the desk for work or gaming, a desk that can be personalized to fit your needs is a plus. There are desks that come with various drawers and shelves that can be relocated or removed to suit your needs.
- Lightweight and Portability – a durable desk need not necessarily be heavy. There are desks crafted from high quality but light materials that make moving the desk from one room to another easy.
Advantages of U-Shaped Desks:
- Provide ample workspace and since these type desks create a sort of wrap around space, multi-tasking is made easier because of its shape everything you need closer to you.
- Maximize your workspace and give you a lot of room for your computer, monitor, mouse, desk lamp and other equipment and supplies you need.
- These desks create a divided workspace. The shape and structure are perfect for when you have visitors.
- Can fit into any structure of the room. Can be placed in the corners or the middle of the room.
- It is perfect to use in multi-purpose rooms, like the kitchen, living room, etc.
- U shaped desks are ideal for people who uses more than one computer monitor.
Disadvantages of U Shaped Desks:
- U shaped desks can be quite bulky and take up too much space in the room. Because of their structure and shape, therefore not advisable for small sized rooms.
- Designed for a specific room may not be ideal to be used in another room.
Some of the Best Corner (L-shape) Computer Desks:
- Bestar Omega U-Shaped Workstation – Tuscany Brown by Bestar Office Furniture. This corner (L-shape) desk is made from durable commercial grade construction. It has a scratch, stain and burn resist finish. This U-desk I also fully reversible. It is shock resistant PVC edge banding and has a locking letter/legal file drawer.
Bush Furniture Hansen Cherry Corsa Series U-Shaped Office Set with Hutch provides a U-shaped work area or a Bridge between two surfaces. This corner (L-shape) desk has a modesty panel for easy wire access and concealment. Perfect for printers or other electronics. It has a solid construction and features a durable thermally fused laminate work surfaces feature superior resistance to scratches and stains.
- Bestar Manhattan U-shaped Workstation, Secret Maple/Chocolate by Bestar. This fully reversible corner (L-shape) desk has a durable 1″ commercial grade work surfaces with melamine finish that resist scratches, stains and wears Deluxe 025 cm PVC edge. The U-shaped desk offers two utility drawers and one file drawers with letter/legal filing system. One lock secures bottom two drawers.
Executive Reversible UDesk Chocolate by Bestar Office Furniture. This fully reversible corner (L-shape) desk has a durable commercial grade construction. A finish that resists scratches stains, and burns, two locking letter/legal file drawers, shock resistant PVC edge banding.