Choosing the ideal desk for home or office use need not be tasking really. However, to acquire the perfect desk for you, a few pointers need to be considered and given a lot of thought. Each type of desk has its specific design, structure, shape, dimensions, size and so on and so forth. These specifics do not suit everyone’s needs; they may work perfectly for your neighbor or friend but not for you, your choice will be based on your personal requirements and needs.
- Consider the size of the room you need the desk for, a sizable desk may not work well if you have limited space.
- Next, check the structure of the room, if you are one who pays particular attention to room themes, then you need to make sure the desk you are getting will fit perfectly and match the room’s design.
- A desk’s durability is also an important factor; the quality in which the desk was crafted will determine the life and service it will provide you.
If you do not have a particular type of desk in mind, you can always go for standard desks. These types of desks are what you would call the building blocks of an ideal desk. They can fit into tight spaces and can be configured to fit into the corner of the room. Another good thing that you can do with standard desks is personalize the style according to your needs. You can add, remove and relocate the shelves to suit your needs.
Advantages of a Standard Desk
- Very flexible as they are the perfect foundation for any workspace; you can adjust your monitor screen easily whether you are sitting down working or standing up checking something on your monitor.
- Standard desks can be configured to fit the corners of your room to maximize space, while providing enough workspace for you. They are ideally placed against the walls or windows but they can be placed anywhere in the room without disrupting the room’s style or theme.
- These desks are customizable, the drawers and shelves can be placed, removed or even relocated to fit your needs.
- These desks are usually lightweight and have built in casters for maneuverability.
Disadvantages of a Standard Desk
Since standard desks are often placed against the walls of the room, you will be facing the walls most of the time.
Some of the Best Corner (L-Shaped Desks in the Market:
- Atlantic Gaming Desk by Atlantic. Made from High quality and durable steel rod frame construction. This desk provides you with cable management system. It can fit a 27 inch flat panel monitor up to 50 lbs. It also includes a charging station and speaker trays.
- Comfort Products Regallo Expandable “l” Computer Desk by Comfort Products. This elegantly designed black top with gray frame desk has a unique space saving design that easily converts to L shape. Crafted from MDF, Steel and PVC, it has a pull out keyboard shelf and a bottom storage shelf. This desk has a contemporary design with clean lines. It is constructed from wood with an attractive finish. It has a spacious keyboard tray.
- Multifunction Desk Espresso by RTA Products. This desk will easily blend in with any color or room theme. Finished in elegant black, it has 2 large accessory drawers, pullout keyboard tray with safety top, an elevated shelf for printer or supplies and CPU storage area with accessory shelf.
- MULTIFUNCTION DESK by Techni Mobili