You may be considering purchasing a computer desk for your home or for the workplace. An office furniture computer desk is available in many variations. It can be made of wood veneer, solid wood, laminate, steel, or a combination of these materials. Tempered glass tops are available on some computer desks; these are particularly nice in a contemporary designed home office.
Some of the different types of computer desks are carts, stands, mobile, armoires, corner setups, laptop, portable, and workstation or other modular setups.
There are many options to consider before purchasing a computer desk. Some of the available features available are hutch tops, task lights, locking doors, rack storage for cd’s, mobile/rolling file cabinets or other storage. Other features that may be important to you are:
- CPU shelves which can be changed from right to left hand use on some models.
- Stand-up models are available on some computer carts or stands. They adjust from sitting to standing positions; some also have ergonomically designed footrests.
- Keyboard trays are available in slide-out models with various adjustments such as height and swivel adjustments. Some keyboard trays on these desks may include mouse platforms and/or wrist rests.
- Grommets, slots, or trays for efficient cable management.
- Electrical outlets and surge protectors are built into some models.
- Slide-out shelves for your printer, monitor, and CPU are available on some models of computer desks.
Decide which of these options are important to you. Then shop for an office furniture computer desk based on these choices, budget, available space, style, and finish preferences. Don’t forget to measure all of the components you plan on placing in your new computer desk.